DKIM, SPF, DMARC (Yahoo)

R S rafazapa at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 09:02:58 PDT 2014

Well, my second round with Yahoo help center actually provided some info as to how to work around this problem. Unfortunately, their solution is that I get the mailing list to make changes. In other words, I'm out of luck if I want to stay with Yahoo AND stay on kplug.

Here's an excerpt:
"""
Unfortuantely, there is nothing you can do on your end to allow you to receive these mailing list emails.  However, the owner of the mailing list who generates and sends the messages may be able to help.

In almost all cases, we recommend that they switch to sending mail from their own domain.  For mailing lists, also known as "listservs," they should change their sending behavior by adding the mailing lists’ address to the "From:" line, rather than the sender’s address.  Also, enter the actual user/sender address into the "Reply-To:" line.

They can also change your email client's "send as" settings to use Yahoo SMTP servers. They must consult with their third-party email client's help pages, or FAQs, for information on how to change these settings.

Want more info?  Visit our Yahoo Mail Tumblr page to learn more about this policy change and what you can do to address sending issues to Yahoo Mail addresses.

You can find some extra information about this (and other Yahoo products) through Yahoo Help Central.

If you have any other issues, definitely let me know.

Thanks,

Jacob
Yahoo Customer Care
"""

So basically they're demanding that kplug conforms. Typical.

So I guess I'll be searching for low cost alternatives to Yahoo mail. I've heard some decent things about Reagan mail. Seems like a good time to check them out.