Net neutrality proposal

Tracy Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Fri May 16 14:12:51 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:19:50PM PDT, Tony Su spake thusly:
> Don't include the power grid on your list... :)

Have you ever lived anywhere else in the world? Ever?

We have an awesome power grid, even with its faults. Americans can be so
spoiled sometimes. I laugh to hear people complain about the roads too.  Like
Andy said, we have an awesome road system. Literally world-class.

And our power grid is nearly so. I've never been to a country with more
reliable power. Possibly England, I don't know, but I didn't spend much time
there. And cheap. We may complain about our power bills but don't hesitate to
leave lights on all the time, even to the point of running outside security
lights all night.

> And, of course there is the constant drumbeat of warnings that the
> power grid is completely vulnerable to attack. Annually if not more

Everyone's power grid is vulnerable to some sort of attack. And there really
isn't much to be done about it.

> So, the status of our power grid is probably an example that is all
> that is wrong with ad hoc capitalism without regulation... As long as

No, it is an excellent example of how to do things right. Not perfect, just
extremely well. Andy qualified his statement correctly when he originally
mentioned the power grid.

--
Tracy Reed