Net neutrality proposal

Randall Shimizu randall.t.shimizu at gmail.com
Mon May 12 00:37:17 PDT 2014

The issue of bandwidth internet bandwidth utilization can be resolved by
the use of content delivery servers. It is cheaper for Google to handle
this issue since they own so much dark fiber.

Netflix comprises roughly 70% of all internet traffic according Business
Insider. Since video streaming is bandwidth sensitive Netflix is forced to
take steps to alleviate latency. This is why I propose allowing companies
to pay for additional bandwidth.

Now one can argue that the Comcast agreement is a violation of net
neutrality. But since Netflix consumes so much bandwidth they are forced to
take steps to increase it.  The issue is that Netflix is paying for
interconnection as opposed transit as they rightly point out.
http://blog.netflix.com/2014/04/the-case-against-isp-tolls.html