What do people do to set up email for corporate clients nowadays?

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Fri May 2 09:45:23 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 4:16 pm, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
> I can run and configure an email server just fine
> (FreeBSD/Postfix/Dovecot/IMAP has been my preferred weapon of choice for
> a while).
>
> However, what is the best way for handling anti-SPAM as well as webmail
> access, nowadays.  I don't really use either of those I use JunQuilla
> and Lightning on Thunderbird, and they seem to work for me.
>
> However, I just do *NOT* use webmail, so I have no idea what is actually
> good on that front nowadays or even what to expect.

I'm going to be setting up new servers at my work. I plan to use postfix,
cyrus-imap, cyus-sasl, spammassassin, amavisd, dcc and squirrelmail.

On my own server I instruct my users to create a ham and spam mailbox for
themselves. And then every once in a while, I run spamd against those. I
get almost no spam from my own server. I get some from foreign accounts
that forward, but that just gets added to my spam folder and run through
spamassassin.

Works for me. YMMV.

--
Neil Schneider                          pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net

This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like
something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have
enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your
life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you
love.”