Booting from USB drives

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Wed May 15 08:29:23 PDT 2013

Sorry, mispoke.
The MS standalone partition utility is diskpart.exe

But, I've never seen that the partition utility used makes any diff,
although I have seen where what you use to format can.

I haven't tried booting a partitioned USB device but from what I know of
how Windows bootloaders work I find it very hard to believe that it's not
possible to support partitioned USB devices. You'd have to open the
bootloader with something like EasyBCD to inspect how the paths and devices
are described to see what the problem is, maybe even manually edit to
correct.

Tony