Booting from USB drives

Franklin Johnston fpjohnston at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:36:34 PDT 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Carl Lowenstein
<carl.lowenstein at gmail.com>wrote:

> What kind of computer are you trying to boot this on?  Does it by any
> chance have the new-fangled UEFI rather than the long-lived BIOS?  Maybe
> even with the Microsoft-inspired Secure Boot functionality?
>
> These are things you will have to work around.  There is a fair amount of
> information available on the net, I don't have my notes in a readily
> accessible place.

Oh, sorry, I suppose I should have said. It's a Dell Latitude E6510. It
says it's using a BIOS. There don't appear to be any security settings
enabled.

So, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, when initializing the drive
with *unetbootin* or the equivalent, there's nothing additional that needs
to be done with the MBR?