Booting from USB drives

Franklin Johnston fpjohnston at gmail.com
Sun May 12 16:33:13 PDT 2013

Actually, I ended up formatting the entire drive as FAT32. I probably
should have done that first, before trying to complicate things with
multiple partitions. But it didn't make any difference: still no sign that
it's even trying to boot from it. And yet I still get "Error loading
operating system" for a second flash drive that isn't bootable.

FWIW, I tried this with both *unetbootin* and *Startup Disk Creator* on
Ubuntu 13.04. And the disk looked pretty much the same after each
initialization.