RMA on Sun Server hard drive

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 10:29:17 PDT 2013

I have a Sun server hard drive made by Hitachi that has failed. I bought
the drive used, not as part of a server. Since the drive was
manufactured in April 2010 I'm not sure if it is still under warranty or
even if I can get warranty service on it. But Hitachi disavows any
relation to the drive and I can't find anything on the Sun/Oracle web
site about it. The drive itself is an Hitachi H7220AA30SUN2.0TB 7200RPM
drive.

Does anyone have experience doing an RMA on a Sun server drive and can
give me some advice?

Gus