Automating Linux system administration with CFEngine 3 - upcoming events

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:52:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

  There are a couple of events coming up about automating Linux system
administration using
CFEngine 3.

  May I mention them here, please?  The first one is free, the 2nd one
has a very reasonable
charge for a full day of training ($220).

1. What: Hang out with the CFEngine Team in the evening after LinuxCon
(or work or whatever)
    Where: "The Field" pub
    When: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
    Who'll be there:  Mark Burgess, author of CFEngine, and Diego
Zamboni, author of "Learning CFEngine 3".
    Registration:  http://meetthecfengineteam.eventbrite.com/
    Cost: free
    Note: CFEngine will offer free "Learning CFEngine 3" O'Reilly
ebook for attendees.  It's just
    a social night for the community, organized by CFEngine's marketing folks.

2. What:  "CFEngine 3: Automating System Administration" (One-Day
Training Class)
    Where: MicroTek San Diego, 350 10th Ave #950, San Diego, CA 92101
    When: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
    Registration:  http://sandiego5.eventbrite.com/
    Cost: $275 list, I've arranged for a 20% discount for KPLUG, the
discount code is "A-Code",
    that's $220 after the discount.

  I'm a Linux sys admin based in Los Angeles, I'm coming down to San
Diego on Friday
Aug 31 to teach vi at LinuxCon. (I do teach CFEngine on the side a few
times a year.)
I also do free intro talks on CFEngine to Linux groups around the country.

  I tried to make this post more useful than spammy.  If I have
failed, please chastise me.

Yours truly,
Aleksey Tsalolikhin
Sysadmin and configuration management enthusiast