Irving Ruan irving at
Sat Apr 10 19:53:39 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <gkra at>wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2010, at 10:30 AM, David Brown wrote:
> > This seems largely like unfounded speculation.  The iPhone OS is
> > already perfectly capable of multi tasking, and does it just fine with
> > apps that are Apple blessed.
> You may be right.  Some interesting points made here:
> And discussed here:

John Gruber always hits the nail on the head with contentious topics such as

Although, I'm a bit confused by Steve's remark:

"We’ve been there before, and intermediate layers between the platform and
the developer ultimately produces sub-standard apps and hinders the progress
of the platform."
*Hey, why don't we just write everything in machine code then?*

It's funny because the de facto standard before this new 3.3.1 clause was
that most developers who wrote apps for iPhone did it with Xcode and Obj-C
because they knew that was ideal for a cocoa touch app. Apple isn't really
reinventing the wheel here - they're just pushing developers away.