M$ Music Transfer Protocol in Linux (Amarok)

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sat Mar 28 10:28:51 PDT 2009

I'm feeling frustrated. I can't get my iRiver Clix 2 to be recognized by
Amarok.

Here are the versions I've been working with.

CentOS 5.1
Amarok 1.4.10
Various tars and rpms all for .el5.

Here are the links that have been guiding my efforts:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:MTP

http://www.adebenham.com/mtpfs/

http://libmtp.sourceforge.net/

http://www.misticriver.net/forums/iriver-clix-series-flash-player/50579-using-irivier-clix-linux-56k-warning.html

[lbarnes at clinton Desktop]$ got mtp
libmtp-0.2.6.1-3.el5.kb

But when I try following all the instructions, especially in the last
link, Amarok won't list MTP as a protocol option. And I can't seem to find
or complie anything to test the libmtp on Linux.

As a get-something-to-work test, I'm adding Media Player 11 to my XP
laptop and I'll put the Clix on it. But if any of you could give
suggestions, I'd be grateful.

BTW, the instructions on misticriver.net don't correspond perfectly with
my version of Amarok ... but I'm able to find all the listed config
screens. They just don't list what I need.

TIA

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer