ibm + rhel, experience.

DJA dallen at codermotor.com
Thu Jul 28 12:47:10 PDT 2005

Lan Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 07:46:10AM -0700, Gregory Golin wrote:
>
>>Deke,
>>
>>you know what, thats a good idea. im not used to having support. i will
>>call them, the bastards, even though its too late. the second nic? yah
>>that crossed my mind. the new intels sometimes require that. didnt do
>>it because i wanted a uniform and not a time consuming way of deploying
>>the os.
>>
>>thanks,
>>gg
>>

> If you've already made up your mind that the support isn't worth it,
> maybe you should just figure it out yourself.

I've been wondering the same thing.

"[I]m not a fan of [R]edhat or [IBM]. [T]he support isn't worth it_. but
my new boss *bought* like 10 of them [IBM]s." (emphasis mine)

If support has already been paid for, why isn't it being used? Sorry,
but from what has been said so far, I'm not seeing how it's the boss's
fault. Or IBM's. Or Redhat's.

--
    Best Regards,
       ~DJA.