Email Association and Firefox

DJA dallen at codermotor.com
Tue Jul 12 17:46:34 PDT 2005

In upgrading to Fedora Core 4 recently, I finally joined the
Firefox/Thunderbird club. While I like both programs, they have their
annoyances, and in fact both seem to have given up some of the more
useful functionality of their Mozilla ancestor.

Case in point: Firefox (FFox). I have found no way to tell FFox to open
Thunderbird (Tbird) as my MUA when clicking on a mailto: link. FFox
insists on launching Evolution. Now while that may be a great MUA (I
don't know, never used it), I use TBird. On principle, I want to use the
application *I* want to use, not the one the coder suggests I use.

Does anyone know how to tell FFox to stop second guessing me and run
*my* choice of mail program?

[This problem presents under KDE, I don't know about Gnome, and frankly
don't care. Yes, I have looked for and tweaked any setting in KDE which
/might help on the chance that it's actually a default KDE setting.]

--
    Best Regards,
       ~DJA.