"Death of a firewall" and Xen

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 08:09:35 PDT 2005

On 7/9/05, Tracy R Reed <treed at ultraviolet.org> wrote:
> I really like this guys approach to network security:
>
> http://www.securitypipeline.com/165700439

That's definitely what you could call thinking outside the box (pun
intentionally avoided).

> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

My main desire for virtualization is so I don't have to leave the
comfort of Linux to venture into Windows World, and Xen doesn't yet
support Windows.  Even when/if they do, I'm sure Microsoft will make
the Xen people (and the users) jump through hoops.  It would be nice,
though, to run multiple Linuxes at the same time.  How does Xen and
User Mode Linux compare?  UI counts for a lot more than performance,
for me.

-todd