Another vi question

David M. Cook dave at davidcook.org
Fri Jul 1 12:53:34 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:59:20AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:

> I fired up emacs. I clicked Edit -> Text Properties -> Face -> Other
> (M-g o). THe thing at the bottom says ``Use face:'' so I typed in blue.
> It returned: [No Match]
> Addendum: I was playing with some of the modes that were listed, such as
> border and isearch. Yes, the color changed. I wrote the file out, then
> closed the buffer, and opened the file again: all colouration was gone.

Sorry, I don't use the feature, so I don't know what's wrong.  You may have
to be in enriched text mode.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EnrichedMode
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/Formatted-Text.html

I tried loading the enriched.doc file they mention, and the markup works.

Dave