Grub

maverick class51600 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 13:54:05 PDT 2004

Thank you everyone, I tryiid all the suggestion but the only one that worked was just doing a ctrl->alt-.F1 then I installed the rpm and it looks like I have a new driver

Gregory Golin <gregorygolin at yahoo.com> wrote:either add linux 3 to grub prompt or -
after you boot to X (gui), hold down control alt and F1 - that will
kick you to console. log in as root and type init 3 - there you have
it. install your video drivers (nvidia i suspect) and either reboot or
type in init 5.

hth
--gg

--- maverick wrote:
> Hi sorry for the beginers question but I man grub, and info grub and
> could not find the answer. I done it before but I've doing to much
> Solaris lately and have forgotten how. Anyway I'm installing a new
> Video driver on my RH machine but I need to boot to the prompt. and
> I just can't remember how to do it in grub. That's what happens for
> leaving lilo.
>

> Thank you
>
> mav
>

> mav
> CAD Systems Administrator
> Analog Devices
> California Traffic the only bad thing in this state.
> Our Officials and CAL-TRANS don't care.
> San Diego is not like LA it is LA look at I15.

header of this message.