Documentation for Cyrus-IMAP?

Michael Hanulec hanulec at hanulec.com
Mon Jun 21 14:40:53 PDT 2004

i use Cyrus + Qmail + Procmail (instead of Sieve).  i don't know of any
end-all (modern/updated) howto for Cyrus.. but the documentation on their
web site is good:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/

if you are running *bsd there is Port entries for Cyrus and Debian
probably has a package also (but isn't probably the most current release).

speaking of releases, you might wanna deploy the latest 2.1 version
instead of 2.2 as it will be more stable/bug free.

as for Sieve + SpamAssassin ... google is your friend.  i found tons of
good hits w/ a simple search.

POP3(S) is configured in the cyrus.conf file.

btw, you might wanna check out DSpam instead of SpamAssassin.  once you
train DSpam it yield a lot less junk in your inbox and uses minimal system
resources.

--
hanulec at hanulec.com		cell: 858.518.2647 && 516.410.4478
https://secure.hanulec.com	      EFnet irc && aol im: hanulec