[Fwd: [mdlug] [Fwd: Announce Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1]]

Brian Deacon brian at navelplace.com
Fri Jun 11 17:47:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:53:11PM -0700, Cory Petkovsek wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:36:08AM -0400, RBW1 wrote:
> > Does anyone know about how Novell is proceeding? Are they really going
> > to be a benefit to Linux
>
> They already are.  I think they are the number one contributor to Mozilla and
> Open Office (or no 2 at least).  They also now are responsible for Evolution
> and SuSe.  Use any of those products?  Becareful with those stones.

They also have (or are about to) open source YAST, and Ximian's
connector to Exchange, which lets Evolution talk directly to
Exchange... I'll have to try firing that up here at work.

They're also the "other" company (after IBM) moving all their
corporate desktops to Linux.

Anyone using Ximian Desktop?  Impressions?