Certificates for SSL and stuff

Alan kplug at thebucks.net
Thu Jun 3 02:23:13 PDT 2004

Neil Schneider wrote:

> I don't yet own a passport. Haven't been in school in years, and
> wouldn't accept school ID for anything except school. I have never
> been in the military. Am I really that unusual?

Nor would I, just something I saw it my wallet with my picture on it. I
should really clean it out someday. heh.
No passport? Perhaps you aren't unusual, my assumption could be very wrong.

> How do most stores verify your credit card? If they are competent,
> they require your drivers license, look at the picture, and verify the
> signature. Who's credit cards are you carrying if the signatures don't
> match? :)

I must have a trustworthy face.
It's never been an issue for me. I very rarely present ID when paying by
card (credit or debit).
As a matter of fact, I've paid with my wife's credit card a few times,
and never had a problem with that either.
-ajb