Certificates for SSL and stuff

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Wed Jun 2 15:12:57 PDT 2004

Interesting discussion

Stewart Stremler said:

> It only needs to scale to the size of the expected market; we're
> not really interested in being another VeriSign, are we?

Even Verisign has made some bonehead mistakes. Some years ago they
issued a certificate to someone at Sandia Labs for
localhost.localdomain and certified him as owner. I'm unable to locate
the article through google however.

--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin