NIS slave set up error->"Can't enumerate maps from masterhost. Please check that it is running."

seberino at spawar.navy.mil seberino at spawar.navy.mil
Thu Mar 27 15:52:54 PST 2003

The NIS client I want to turn into an NIS slave works great.

I can do "ypcat passwd", "ypcat group" and "ypwhich -m".

I did "ypinit -s masterhost" to build NIS slave stuff
on this client and it gave following error message....

"Can't enumerate maps from masterhost.  Please check
that it is running."

Why getting this message?? How fix???

I wasn't sure if masterhost needed to be replaced
with hostname of NIS server so I tried both.

All gave error message above.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Chris

--