lbarnes at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 15:24:38 PDT 2001
Brian Whalen wrote:
> Well the email I and presumably several others got is to set settings to
> dhcp. Even if this is to facilitate a renumber, I like having it not
> change and do not believe that one can set to dhcp, grab a new ip, and
> expect that to stay the same for the long haul.
How long a haul? I'm on RR, but their "dynamic" IP addresses are very
stable. Why wouldn't they be? The connection is theoretically 24/7 even if
the bandwidth use isn't.
Anyway I'm actually thinking of registering my IP addr to my domain name at
one of the free DNS hosting services. If you're interested, they're in the
archives (or people can mention them again).
Lan Barnes lbarnes at san.rr.com
Icon Consulting, Inc 858-273-6677
The first 90% of the program takes the first 90% of the time,
and the last 10% of the program takes the other 90% of the time.
More information about the KPLUG-List