Linux Sys Admin (RedHat/CentOS, Apache, high traffic)
by Neil Schneider — last modified 2012-05-22 11:55
POSITION TITLE: Linux Sys Admin (RedHat/CentOS, Apache, high traffic)
POSITION ID: TT864 - "FULL TIME" (direct hire position)
COMPENSATION: Base+Benes+Great Co. Culture (Base depends on exp/fit)
LOCATION: San Diego, California
- Provisioning/installation/configuration/operation and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Creating/implementing backup, recovery and disaster plans.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading software infrastructure as it relates to high-traffic website environment.
- Managing users and implementing sound security policies.
- Monitoring/reporting system and database resources.
- Tuning assets for performance/reliability/scalability.
- Troubleshooting system and database issues
- Scripting and automation.
- Must have experience managing Linux WebServers in a high traffic environment.
- Strong Linux (RedHat/CentOS) sys admin skills.
- Solid database replication and load balancing experience.
- Strong Apache web server administration - including tuning and optimization for high-volume sites.
- Experience with other caching solutions, including Memcache, APC or other.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress is a big plus
- Experience with Varnish, Squid or other proxy cache
- MySQL DB Admin
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline a plus
Apply Please be sure to attach your resume.